Plumber dies at Hyderabad airport, investigation underway


A plumber tasked with cleansing a drainage line on the arrival space of Rajiv Gandhi Worldwide Airport in Hyderabad died late Thursday night. The reason for loss of life is being ascertained whereas it’s suspected to be brought on by asphyxiation after inhaling poisonous fumes.

Two of his colleagues who tried to assist him fell unconscious in the same method and had been rushed to Apollo Medical Middle within the airport premises for medical consideration. The incident passed off at 8 pm Thursday.

The GMR Hyderabad Worldwide Airport Restricted, in an official assertion, stated “A employee of Faber Sindoori Services Administration Companies was discovered useless at this time. The reason for loss of life is but to be ascertained. We’re providing all our assist to the household of the deceased.”

The deceased individual was recognized as Narasimha Reddy. The 42-year-old had been working as a plumber with Faber Sindoori Facility Administration Companies (AMC for PTB facility airport), stated N Prakash Reddy, DCP Shamshabad.

On Thursday night, three staff climbed up the overhead duct with the assistance of a ladder to examine for drainage leakage at arrivals. To clear any blockage within the drain, they poured acid into it. As a result of fumes, Narasimha Reddy died. The opposite two individuals are secure. The deceased has been moved to Gandhi hospital morgue for postmortem examination, the DCP added.

A case is registered underneath part 304 A of IPC for inflicting loss of life by negligence in opposition to Faber Sindoori Facility Administration Companies. The GMR spokesperson refused to reveal any extra particulars citing a police investigation that’s underway. The well being of the 2 staff is steady. “We don’t know the reason for his loss of life but,” he stated.


Supply hyperlink