Mysuru-Bengaluru Freeway to be accomplished by mid-2022


  • Works taken up beneath Bharatmala Pariyojana Section I
  • Envisaged as Financial Hall between two cities

Mysuru: Car customers must wait until mid-2022 for a clean journey on the 140-odd-km Mysuru-Bengaluru Freeway that’s being upgraded to a 10-lane freeway and as an Financial Hall. The ten lanes embody 4 service roads on both sides of the six-lane most important carriageway. 

The Nationwide Highways Authority of India has taken up the core works at an estimated price of Rs. 7,400 crore and as soon as the undertaking is realised, commuters between Bengaluru and Mysuru can journey the gap in nearly 90 minutes from the current 3 hours. 

In reply to questions raised by P.C. Mohan, MP for Bengaluru Central in Lok Sabha just lately, the Ministry of Street Transport and Highways (MoRTH) mentioned that 85 p.c of the land required for the undertaking has been acquired. The scope of the work additionally consists of building of 9 main bridges, 44 minor bridges and 4 Street Over Bridges.

“The six-lane Bengaluru-Nidaghatta-Mysuru Street stretch was awarded in two packages in February 2018. Bodily progress of about 18 p.c has been achieved within the six-lane work on the Bengaluru-Nidaghatta part. The appointed date for work on six-laning of the Nidaghatta-Mysuru part has not been declared,” mentioned the be aware from the Ministry. 

Of the overall price of the undertaking that’s roughly Rs. 7,400 crore, about Rs. 2,270 crore has already been spent. The scheduled completion time for six-laning of the Bengaluru-Nidaghatta-Mysuru street stretch is 30 months from the appointed date. 

The Ministry reply additionally said that the undertaking has been taken up beneath the Bharatmala Pariyojana Section I permitted by the Authorities of India, beneath which Bengaluru to Mysuru stretch is envisaged as an Financial Hall .

The Union Authorities, in 2014, had declared the sooner State Freeway 17 and State Freeway 88 as Nationwide Freeway No. 275. The widening undertaking will start from Panchamukhi Ganesha Temple after Kengeri city close to Bengaluru and ends at Columbia Asia Hospital junction on the Mysuru Ring Street in Mysuru

The NHAI has awarded the undertaking to Bhopal-based Dilip Buildcon and the undertaking is absolutely funded by the Centre together with the distribution of compensation for the land acquired.  The Firm has taken up the freeway works in two packages. 

The primary package deal covers the event of 56.1 kms freeway stretch from Bengaluru to Nidaghatta in Maddur taluk at the price of Rs. 3,000 crore together with 900 acres of land acquisition. Over 80 per cent land acquisition has been accomplished.

The second package deal of works  consists of the event of 61.2 km freeway from Nidaghatta to Mysuru at the price of Rs.3,500 crore. Over 1,121 acres of land can be acquired for the second package deal works and 60 p.c of land has been acquired.

The undertaking is being taken up beneath new Hybrid Annuity Mode (HAM) adopted by NHAI. As per this, NHAI will fund simply 40 per cent of the overall undertaking price whereas the remaining 60 per cent can be invested by the contractor or developer. The contractor/investor will get mounted annual income whereas the Freeway Authority takes care of the toll assortment.

The Firm has taken up each the package deal works after setting base camps for each 20 kilometres. Six bypass roads can be constructed at Srirangapatna, Mandya, Maddur, Channapattana, Ramanagara and Bidadi. An estimated 36,000 automobiles ply between the 2 cities on a regular basis and site visitors density has elevated for now.


Supply hyperlink