Gurgaon: Police submits probe report on demise of seven-year-old boy


Metropolis police on Wednesday submitted a report back to the well being division relating to the demise of a seven-year-old boy, who was affected by dengue and died on November 22. His father had lodged a grievance with the police, accusing the non-public hospital the place he was admitted of medical negligence.

The well being division had been awaiting the police report since December 22 for additional investigation into the case after the daddy of the deceased filed a police grievance in search of motion in opposition to the non-public hospital and its medical doctors.

His father advised police that the seven-year-old needed to be shifted to Delhi’s Safdarjung Hospital, as there was no vital enchancment in his situation.

Gopender Singh Parmar, the boy’s father, had a written grievance to the chief medical officer on December 22 claiming that his son “Saurya Pratap was murdered by the medical doctors and the medical workers of Medanta Hospital, Gurgaon the place he was admitted for remedy for dengue on October 30 (sic).”

Nevertheless, the well being division officers have been ready for the police report earlier than taking any motion.

“We’ve got submitted our report back to the well being division after finishing our inquiry. We had sought experiences from Medanta-The Medicity hospital and Dholpur authorities hospital in Rajasthan in reference to the case,” inspector Vijay Kumar, station home officer, Sadar police station, mentioned.

The well being division official mentioned that they’ll look into the report and begin an investigation. “We’ve got bought the preliminary report from the police and can begin our proceedings,” BK Rajora, chief medical officer, Civil hospital, Gurgaon, mentioned.

The daddy of the seven-year-old met state well being minister Anil Vij on Wednesday and requested him to direct an intensive probe into his son’s demise.

Learn I Dengue demise: Criticism filed in opposition to one other pvt hospital in Gurgaon

Parmar mentioned, “I handed over a written grievance to the minister and likewise submitted copies of police grievance and the hospital invoice that I paid. Vij assured me of motion.”

On December 29, Parmar wrote to the Centre, state authorities and Union well being minister alleging medical negligence by the non-public hospital and urging motion in opposition to the hospital and medical doctors.

The medical superintendent of Medanta-The Medicity advised HT on December 30 that Shaurya was given the absolute best remedy for his situation.

“Shaurya was affected by dengue shock syndrome, amongst different problems when he was admitted to the hospital. He was given enough remedy based mostly on his situation and was then transferred to RML as confirmed by the boy’s father. After 22 days, the boy had recovered and required extended nursing look after this situation to enhance additional. It’s, certainly, disappointing that his father is blaming our medical doctors,” AK Dubey, medical superintendent, Medanta-The Medicity, mentioned.


Supply hyperlink