The bottom flooring of a clothes retailer in Gurgaon’s Sector 14 was utterly gutted in a hearth that broke out round 9.45 pm on Monday. No person was injured within the incident.
Officers from the hearth division obtained a name concerning the incident at 10 pm, and 4 fireplace tenders have been dispatched to the spot instantly. The shop, Lakshmi Matching Centre, is positioned within the HUDA Market in Sector 14.
“Our automobiles rushed to the spot as quickly as we obtained details about the hearth, and our groups managed to regulate the blaze and extinguish it inside an hour. As a result of our efforts, the hearth remained restricted to solely the shop through which it had damaged out. The bottom flooring of the store was utterly gutted, however the basement was solely marginally affected because the flames didn’t utterly attain there,” mentioned IS Kashyap, Assistant Divisional Fireplace Security Officer.
“The rationale for the hearth is unclear. The workers on the store mentioned they’d left the premises solely 10 minutes earlier than the hearth broke out, so it’s unlikely to be a brief circuit as a result of that doesn’t often unfold so shortly. Most definitely, they might have left incense sticks or one thing else burning contained in the store by mistake once they left, which may have brought on the hearth,” he added.
That is the second fireplace to interrupt out at a store in Gurgaon within the final one week. On Thursday, a hearth had gutted two outlets in Sadar Bazar earlier than groups of the hearth division have been capable of deliver it underneath management and finally extinguish it. Two dozen fireplace tenders had been utilized in that operation and it had taken groups of the hearth division over 9 hours to douse the flames.