Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore & Hyderabad airports’ remaining stake to be offered by govt: Report


As a part of Rs 2.5 lakh crore asset monetisation pipeline recognized to lift further assets, the federal government plans to promote its residual stake in already privatised Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad airports. In accordance with PTI, the sale of Airport Authority of India’s (AAI) remaining stake within the 4 airports and moreover 13 extra airports have been recognized for privatisation in 2021-22 fiscal. Now, the Ministry of Civil Aviation will get hold of requisite approvals for divestment of fairness stake of AAI within the respective three way partnership working Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad airports. 

As per studies, for the 13 AAI airports recognized for privatisation, the potential of clubbing of worthwhile and non-profitable airports will likely be explored to make extra engaging packages. Within the first spherical of privatisation below the Narendra Modi authorities, the Adani Group has begged contracts for six airports together with Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Mangaluru, Thiruvananthapuram and Guwahati. It’s price noting that the AAI, however, owns and manages greater than 100 airports throughout the nation. 

In Mumbai Worldwide Airport, the Adani Group holds a 74 per cent stake, and the remaining 26 per cent is owned by the AAI. In Delhi Worldwide Airport, the GMR Group holds 54 per cent and the AAI holds 26 per cent, whereas Fraport AG and Eraman Malaysia maintain a ten per cent stake every. AAI together with the Authorities of Andhra Pradesh holds 26 per cent of Hyderabad Worldwide Airport. Additional, it holds the same stake in Bangalore Worldwide Airport together with the Karnataka Authorities.

‘Essential financing for brand spanking new infrastructure’ 

Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had beforehand stated that monetising working public infrastructure is a vital financing possibility for brand spanking new infrastructure development. Throughout her 2021-22 Funds speech, she had stated {that a} Nationwide Monetisation Pipeline of potential brownfield infrastructure belongings will likely be launched and an asset monetisation dashboard can even be created for monitoring the progress and to supply visibility to buyers. 

PM Narendra Modi had additionally stated that the federal government is focusing on monetising 100 belongings equivalent to oil and fuel pipelines, which might draw a large Rs 2.5 lakh crore of investments. It’s price mentioning that the federal government is focusing on Rs 1.75 lakh crore from divestment proceeds within the subsequent fiscal yr starting April 1. 

(Picture & inputs: PTI)




Supply hyperlink